MARKETVIEWS


ffffff

Aug 4, 2007

Sonia Gandhi backs Sanjay Dutt

Now Sanjay Dutt has got the backing of none other than the Congress president Sonia Gandhi. The actor was sentenced to six years in prison for illegally possessing guns.

Mrs Gandhi on Friday met the actor's sister Priya Dutt who is also a congress MP and reportedly assured her that the party backs the family in their hour of need.

However, the Congress' support won't be public.

''I am a party worker, Priyaji is also from the party, we all are from the party. What can be my personal statement? I am a human and hence every individual statement is my own,'' said Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, I & B Minister.

''I am a party worker and not an independent and when I say something I say it for the good of the party,'' he added.

Several ministers and top leaders are already publicly expressing support for the Dutt family, as there is still a large measure of goodwill for Sanjay Dutt's father Sunil Dutt a Congress leader.

No comments:

links